Spoiled rant

I know I won't get much sympathy about the housekeeper stuff, but here goes.

My housekeeper called in sick again today. She normally works on Tuesday and Thursday cleaning and running/folding/putting away the laundry. She now brings her 1-y-o granddaughter with her to work as of the last few months, and the little girl has the flu. So no Mrs. L. WAAAAAAA! I had so much I wanted to get done today. I took out a week's worth of trash (it was time), emptied the diaper pails and got all the laundry sorted into piles and started the machines (2). Then I ran out to a mom's club at the park meeting I was determined to go to, but the WIMPY Californians decided it was too COLD at 60 degrees and windy. COWARDS! Luckily the organizer showed up and I was able to exchange emails and phone numbers with her. That is what I mostly wanted to accomplish anyway. So I went straight home to get the broken dining room chair and got it to the furniture store and they installed the replacement leg. Darned pretty chair, too, if I may say so. Jessica McClintock in the American Drew Collection with a fully upholstered seat and back. A guest broke the leg of the chair during our son's bris (circumcision party) in November. Then I stopped off at Michaels and got the plaster of paris that I *thought* I had bought last week at the train store for DS's school project. Turns out the train store stuff was like moldable, gritty sand. Appropriate for making miniature hills and mountains, but not for stuccoing a tiny building. OK. Done. Then off to get the 3-y-o from preschool. In 40 minutes I will get DS-8 from the bus stop and my "free" time will be gone, so no checking my groups today. This will be it for my computer activities. I just folded 2 loads of laundry and I have only 4 more to go. The dryer just stopped so I'm on borrowed time, if you kwim. Especially given that the baby is sleeping (rare).

I also stopped at the store to pick up MIL's birthday gift for her birthday tomorrow. I invited her to sleep over tomorrow night as nobody had made any plans with her. I will make her a birthday dinner and present her with some jewelry. Cool thing was, I found some rather nifty jewelry for myself and charged everything. ;-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ileana Latest Hd Navel Pics - Idlebrain.com 2012